Welcome to my blog! Thanks for checking me out. My passion for making a mess in the kitchen began thanks to my two lovely girls. After burning, over-salting and defrosting most of our meals, I decided it was time to get serious. Lucky for me – I could taste! And if you can taste, you can cook.
Cooking is not something that came naturally for me, but I have always been allured by food – whether it’s a burger smothered with special sauce or duck confit roulade on a bed of arugula. Writing, however, has always been a passion of mine. My writing has gone from Children’s Books to audio transcripts and then here, to recipes, and I am so glad to have found this forum.
I’ve found so many more passions from this little food blog. The greatest one has been photography. Right now I am just starting to get into a good groove with my camera and I have a lot to learn, but it’s been so fun! So, whether you’re here to grab a good recipe, be inspired, or just drool, I hope you enjoy your time browsing.
- Featured in The Huffington Post Taste Section’s Post: Savory Infused Liquor Recipes: Make Great Gifts And Better Cocktails
- Featured in various Recipe Round-ups with other Fabulous Upper Midwestern Food Bloggers on The Heavy Table
- Personal Goal Accomplished: Photo/Recipe Submission on TasteSpotting Accepted! Now, just to visually please them again someday, soon!
- 3 Time Winner of Hotdish Revolution Winner in both Hotdish Royale and People’s Choice
Blogs I love:
- Looking for Gluten Free or Dairy Free Recipes and Resources? Check out my friend’s blog, Angela’s Kitchen
- I am not a mommy-blogger. So, if you’re in need of some cute baby cheeks and giggles to get through your day, check out my friend Ruth’s blog at Baby Duck Monologues
- And, let’s not forget my photography mentor and visual inspirationist, the talented story-teller with a lens at Amandalynn Jones Photography